Monday, July 18, 2011

I Am A Lake Of Burning Orchids - "Morning / Hands" demo 2011


I present the new demo from English dreamnoise weirdos I Am A Lake Of Burning Orchids.

"Morning / Hands" is a big step up from "Summer in My Veins", their first demo, which was a challenging exercise in noise distortion and a far less substantial number in both sound and structure. This time around IAALOBO dives right in to the very depths of melancholy & despair, opting for flowing electroscapes and gentle, dreamy melodies overlayed with a lighter coating of "Summer...." styled feedback. It kinda makes me think of Enigma fucking around with audacity or something (for lack of a better description).

There's a few black metal vocals, voice samples and barely audible whispers thrown in here and there for good measure, too. I wouldn't call "Morning / Hands" black metal though, or even blackgaze for that matter - fuck, actually it's not noise either, or pop, or ambient or any kind of "music" I can really think of. This is something else entirely. "Dreamnoise" is what I really want to call it.

"Sojourn" is especially gorgeous; actually the whole demo is when the mood is right. If you have an open mind and 25 minutes to spare give it a shot.

Here's hoping IAALOBO can step it up again.

Track listing:

1. Waiting 05:29
2. Transit 08:43
3. Sojourn 03:50
4. You In White Vapour 04:16
5. Happiness Is Just An Illusion 04:46

Bandcamp
Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment